Main scientific objectives of the Institute's teams are :
- Understand plant response to biotic stresses for improving crop protection ;
- Understand pathogenicity/virulence as goal of pest specificity ;
- Understand determinants of successes or failures of invasive populations ;
- Theoretical ecology and community behaviour to better manage biological control ;
- Towards a sustainable greenhouse agro-ecosystem ;
- Agro-ecology engineering to develop innovative tools for plant health protection.